Total Pageviews

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Changing atmospheres

I really like believing the reality of WHO is in us! To those who believe in Christ, there is an amazing truth here. Let me use an analogy: If I wanted to buy a BMW at the end of the month, the dealership would ask me to put down a deposit to book the vehicle. By me, the soon to be owner, putting down a deposit for that BMW, means I am coming back for that BMW. I have booked it. In my mind it's mine. No one has any rights to that vehicle except me; coz I'm the one who was prepared to put a deposit down for it. In the same way, God has given us the Holy Spirit as a DEPOSIT, guaranteeing what is to come. The fact that I have been given the Spirit of God is testament that God is showing his ownership and right to me. No one has the right to me any more. I am HIS. And he is mine. His Spirit is in us, He empowers us, He loves us, He speaks to us and He wants to change the world through us. 

The thing is: the Holy Spirit is like a prisoner in most believers; and He wants out! He wants to change the world around us. He wants us to BELIEVE what He can do through us! He wants us to truly believe that because we have HIM, we can effect atmospheres around us, release the supernatural and impart heaven's realities into this one. The cool thing is that the Holy Spirit gives US the choice. "The righteous shall live by faith." Paul writes. Just how much faith we have in what HE can do THROUGH us is the billion dollar question. If you believe he can open blind eyes through you, he will. If you believe he can raise a dead person through you, he will. If you believe he can release joy through you, he will. "Be it unto you according to your faith." "Call the things that are not as though they are." "With God all things are possible." Yes, these are promises in the Bible which we say we believe. I think it's time for all of us to believe: YOU, my friend, are a walking revival just waiting to break out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment