Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 August 2011

My DT50...a 17 year-old's pride and joy!


I was in Grace 12. I was sleeping. I was suddenly woken by my mother shaking my arm and saying in an alarmed scream “Ross, where’s your motorbike? It’s gone. It’s GONE!!” I jumped up, ran to the window and looked outside. And it was; it was gone. My most prized possession (I was 17) had been stolen. Right outside my bedroom window it had been nabbed. What a cheek!?! I ran outside, look down the road and no sign of my DT50. I went inside and silently asked the Lord, “Okay, what now?” Gently he said “Get into the car; I’ll take you to it.” Trying to convince my mother that God was going to take us to it was another thing. We got into the car, edged to enter the road, my mother said “Okay, which way?” Directions started to drop as though my mind was receiving a download – left, left, right, left…God was literally leading us. Parked down a side street was my pride and joy. The brakes had been tightened somehow and my DT50 was very difficult to push. I eventually pushed it home that night. I fixed my brakes the next day. My bike was lost. My bike was found. The passion God has for us and the lengths he went to in order to ‘bring us home’ was brought to mind/heart once again. The passion I had to find my bike and bring it home; the protectiveness I felt towards ‘my pride and joy’ is NOTHING compared to the passion and protectiveness our Superman feels towards us…..towards you. Have you forgotten? You’re His passion, You’re his pride and Joy and He has given His all to have you back!iHiH
  

1 comment:

  1. Preach it Ross! Good stuff, right here. Well communicated. :)

    ReplyDelete