Total Pageviews

Monday 15 August 2011

What makes a Superhero a SUPERHERO?


Have you ever wondered why superheroes decide to become superheroes? I have. I watched the movie Kick-Ass and I as they tried to answer this question. They got it wrong. Well, in my opinion anyway. What made Clark Kent decide to be Superman? What made Bruce Wayne decide to be Batman? What made Robin decide to be Batman’s sidekick? What made Peter Parker decide to be Spiderman? Until recently, I never knew. It was only recently that I made the connection; and did you know that it’s the same reason for all of them.
Before I reveal the answer, can I ask you a question: What will it take for you to decide to be a superhero? By a superhero, I’m not insinuating we all don latex outfits and hit the streets like wild vigilantes. By superhero, I mean what will it take for you to decide to be a history maker, a world changer? I mean, realistically, we all have the capacity to change history and to leave a legacy for others to follow. We were created to change the world we live in – for real. 
The same thing that motivated all of Marvel’s superheroes to don the suits will be the same thing that motivates us to step up and be counted – death.
It was the irresponsible murder of Bruce Wayne’s parents, Peter Parker’s uncle, Superman’s parents and Robin’s family. It was death. They could not stand by and allow unnecessary thoughtless criminals get away with injustice. Justice had to be done! Out of that and the need for justice, superheroes were born. 
These men decided to make a difference! And they did…
The reality is that a death has happened but even more than that – a resurrection happened – that has the same motivation to make all of us passionate enough to stand up and make a difference in the world we live in and to change our history and others forever. 
When the reality of Jesus’ death and resurrection grabs our hearts – we have no choice, but change grips us and it’s only a matter of time till we rise up and effect our world forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment