Total Pageviews

Thursday 4 October 2012

Pressure....we all have it.

It's like being strangled. Slowly. The phone calls. The emails. The demands. The dead lines. The requests. The responsibilities. Some mistakes are made. Some victories are won. But the pressure's still on.

All of us. Everyone. In different times in our lives face pressure. Pressures! My time is now. It's tough. It's hard. I feel a bit deflated. A bit hard done by. I feel flat. It's unlike an energetic, positive, always the optimist like me. But that's life. A few years ago, in my real "holy charismatic" days, I would genuinely believe that Christians should never feel life like this. We should consistently be the head and not the tail, above and not beneath, full of joy, full of laughter, never down, negative or dare I say it....."depressed".

Life is an amazing journey. Time, too, an instructor. Pressure is part of life. It happens to all. We, all, no matter who we pray to or chose to believe in, are participants of life. And life happens to all of us. Pressure is part of that life.

I'm very grateful for my wife who constantly blows kisses in my direction and tells me she loves me. I'm strengthened by my friends' real care and genuine love. I'm encouraged that I serve a savior, who also knows all to well, what life is about. He lived it for 33 years and he experienced pressure; worse than I did. He sympathizes and he cares. On my good days and also on my bad, I know that I know my Jesus is carrying me, saving me and he's got my back. 

Pressure happens to you too. Some smoke, some drink, some spend money and while some of us eat. However you choose to handle your pressure, remember that there is a God who understands. He really does. And he doesn't disqualify you or think you're any less spiritual because of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment